Twenty years after teenage gunmen attacked columbine high school, Ruegsegger Johnson and other alumni of the Littleton, Colorado, school have become parents. The emotional toll of the shooting that killed 12 classmates and a teacher has been amplified by fears about their own kids’ safety, spiking each time yet another shooter enters yet.
Columbine survivors raise children in world shaped by attack Associated Press | DENVER (AP) – Dropping her kids off at school used to be the hardest part of Kacey Ruegsegger Johnson’s day. She would cry most mornings as they left the car, and relied on texted photos from their teachers to make it.
· 20 years after Columbine, a debate on bulldozing the school. who as a 15-year-old huddled inside a science classroom during the attack. "It’s still standing 20 years later.
· 20 Years After Columbine, a Debate on Bulldozing the School. who as a 15-year-old huddled inside a science classroom during the attack. "It’s still standing 20 years later.
Two of the four Columbine survivors said they’ve struggled with suicidal thoughts since 12 students and a teacher were taken from them on April 20, 1999. Zach Cartaya had a "plan to end it" four.
Go deeper: student journalists track 1,200 youth gun deaths in year since. today marks the 20th anniversary of the attack on Columbine High School: On. Why it matters: Now, the survivors are raising kids in a world shaped by the attack .
Twenty years ago, two teenage gunmen killed 13 people at their suburban. and parents quickly followed, uncertain whether their children were alive or dead.. In the 1999 shooting at Columbine, which unfolded 20 years ago this. Ten days after the Columbine attack, psychologist peter langman of.
· Columbine Survivors Send Kids to Schools Altered by Attack For 20 years, Columbine survivors have lived with the emotional toll of the shooting.
· 20 years after Columbine, school safety still eludes us. Twenty years later, the answers still elude us. Read more: Columbine shooting survivors share how attack has shaped them 20 years later
· Three recent suicides — two Parkland survivors and the father of a 6-year-old girl killed in a mass school shooting at Sandy Hook, in Connecticut — only heighten the struggle. Saturday marks 20 years since the massacre at Columbine High School, near Denver. The shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, north of Miami, is 14 months fresh.